Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Starting...

"The grace to be a beginner is always the best prayer for an artist. The beginner’s humility and openness lead to exploration. Exploration leads to accomplishment. All of it begins at the beginning, with the first small and scary step."
~ Julia Cameron 

It's probably one of the things I find hardest to do... starting a project. Whether it be with blogging... or with work... or with school assignments... or anything really... the hardest part for me is starting. 

Here I am though. At the beginning... once again. That's the second hardest thing for me I guess... What is? Continuing... lol... I've started a blog so many times as I've started journalling so many times and yet at this moment here I am starting all over again. 

I've always told people and I've always known that one of my best modes of expression is through writing. My thoughts flow direct from my brain to my fingers in a continuous stream of what's going on...what's happening...what I'm thinking... self-inquiry at its best perhaps. 

Why do I stop then? Why is it that I've got to start all over? I think it's that I get so caught up in what's going on and what I'm doing and what I have to do/got to do/should be doing that I don't take that moment necessary to process... 

This is it then... another attempt on the journey. I'm not going to feel guilty if I fall off the wagon... I am going to commit to doing this till my birthday... Day by day I'll see how it goes... it's said that if you do an activity for a month it becomes a habit... I guess I'll be finding out.

peace, 
Rtr

No comments: